I wrote the lyrics and melody for The Greatest Story Never Told, but did not record my own version of the song.
Instead I paid Chris Davidson to record a version of it for me.
Song Title: The Greatest Story Never Told
The Greatest Story Never Told
The sweet taste of wine
the curve of your lips
an innocent touch
with just fingertips
Living in glances
can't open that door
a windowless prison
never to be more
The angels in Heaven
the birds and the bees
all moving together
like winds on the seas
Gotta chase that freedom
before we get old
our love is the greatest story
that's never been told
Dancing with danger
a slow masquerade
just fantasies dreaming
in beds that we made
Can't leap without looking
cross over the line
while safe in the limits
of this grand design
The angels in Heaven
the birds and the bees
all moving together
like winds on the seas
Gotta chase that freedom
before we get old
our love is the greatest story
that's never been told
Our love is the greatest story
that's never been told
Reviews of The Greatest Story Never Told (overall song: 6.0 out of 10) from the ReverbNation.com Crowd Review service:
- This track is really musically inviting from the very first bars, the way in which the guitar work is overlaid creates a really good backing to the track, there is some nice playing here and the drums add to the track well but giving some solid support to the track, but not being too strong. Vocally the track is not as strong, the vocals are not bad the gimmick of applying and echo to the vocals soon becomes wearing and adds little to the track, other than a distraction to the good musical support. If this was used in just the verse, or the chorus, it would help, as it is it's over used. This could be a very good track but the echo effect is annoying.
- Sounds country western. Singer similar to Blair. old fashoned song at that. This isn't my style of music i would listen to. Very well produced and probably could have been a hit in say the 1980's . Nice strumming of the guitar, professionally done. great potential and an average song for todays society. well done.
- I like the driving guitar line at the very beginning of the song - it definitely draws the listener into the song. The amount of reverb and echo on the male lead singer's voice is a bit puzzling, as I don't think it fits with the tone of the rest of the song. I like the soaring, inspirational quality of the chorus. It's a nice juxtaposition relative to the minor, brooding quality of the verses. I do feel like the verses are a little short though and could be developed a bit more.
- I like the melodies and the rhythms to the music it instantly drew me in. I also like the quirky and sexy sounding vocals. The lyrics are deep and have a lesson to learn nature. I think the slight echo sound to the vocals work very favourably, they are subtle but give emphasis to the lyrics.
- Really good intro. The singing isn't very clear because of the vocal effect that you put on it. Please remove it before you release the song. The echo in the background of the vocals are also very annoying and you should remove that. Also, there is a slight effect when a drum goes off that reduces the volume of your singing, remove that too. Everything else is fine.
- This really is my type of music from the get go, there's certainly some skill in the way it pans out, then what I think is a really over produced voice came in, it just sounded altered and if it is then it don't believe there's any reason for it to be, even altered it sounds to have emotion, a good grasp on tonality and a steady beat with the music. The lyrics are rather lovely.
- I like the drums and the acoustic guitar they supplement each other very well. I also like the effects that have been placed upon the vocals with the echo I think this supplement the instruments very well. I also like the upbeat aspect to the song, as although it is upbeat and catchy it is not too in your face, this is a difficult balance to get correct. Overall I like this song very much and I think that this song could be used as either a chart piece of music or as backing music to a film or TV show.
- I was very surprised by the raspy voice that took over when the vocalist began singing. I think that he has a very unique voice and give the song a mysterious vibe. The lyrics are very inspiring and I think that the melody fits them perfectly. I don't really love the effects put on the vocalists voice, I think he would do fine without it and that it would actually benefit the song. The only other thing I don't love is the echo that is on the voice.
- A complex, dramatic introduction serves as an excellent segue into the heart of this song. Unfortunately it is a religious song. I really feel like as just a mainstream band I would really enjoy this but hearing them sing about their lord makes me antsy. The vocals are well done and the acoustic guitar really lays down a beautiful melody.
- Very relaxing tune. love their voices, they fit very good together. The background musics a little to loud for them thou. love the lyrics. im expecting them to burst in to a different tune im not sure why, overall thou i like it for the lyrics, but think the tune could be better to make it go wow. think this is why im expecting the tune to waken up. my friend would buy it for sure, just something missing for me.
- I love the start of this song when they first come in with the solo guitarists. The strumming of the strings sounds hip and pop on beat. I like the way they make the instruments match the style and flow of their voice. The singer has a nice voice. The singer knows how to make the songs sound really great. I like this song.
- This is more or less a slow rock song. it reminds me of a classic rock sound by the tone and melody. the melody is very different from other rock songs as if it doesn't want to be a rock song, which is very unique to this song which makes it stand out from other songs you may listen too. i recommend that if your into rock you should give this song a try.
- The song starts off with a beautiful tone. I like the very beginning around 0.50. The artist voice is deep, and dramatic. Perfect for this song's melody. The song is complex and the lyrics seem to be stating some very deep (hence the term angel). The chorus is boring, but the rest of the song seems to make up for it. The pitch seems to stay consistent, which i like. This seems to be a professionally made song, and the artist has definite talent.
- This song is very relatable. i like it alot ! good job keep up the good work you could firther develop your music career if you keep up the good work i really like the vibes of this song makes me want to find that perfect girl i really like tha melody of this song. The aspect of this song is really nice i hope you do good! You have real potential im sending my best hopes that you further your career.
- This song has a nice ring to it but sounds like it was made on an audio application. its auto tune isnt good i wanna see his actual voice but, the voice is really bad and the song doesnt even make sense. I dont like the song but i can understand people who would like it comepletely understandable. The instruments and the tune are really good but the singing ruined it. i rate this 4/10.
- The pitch for this track was off track. The vocals and the singing were a little off balance. It was not in tune with the music. Lyrically, I enjoyed listening to. I just wish it was on balance and on key. The music seemed to overpower the singer. Overall, I think the song was good. Just needs to be more balanced.
- This song reminded me of the Doors when I first heard it. As the chorus came through, it was like I was listening to a slow Beatles love song. The words were easy to listen to and I wanted to understand what the singers were saying the entire time. There is a complication of what sounds like synth/elect at parts of the song which gives a bit of bite to the song. This song will probably do moderately well in the alternative section of listeners.
- The tune has a cool vibe but the brat is buried by the guitars and the bass is murky and not blended with the kick drum, the vocals have to many effects and it is har to make out his voice that is over processed, you need to re mix this with less compression and effects, try some e.q. and panning and work onn the bass frequency making it opposite of the kick drum as the low end is in the mix but not defined, o.k. tune , melody and performance, but a very green mix, please re mix with less effects as this is overproduced and would be better with just a guitar and voice rather THAN THIS OVERPRODUCED ARMATURE SOUND, GREAT SONG BUT NEEDS A RE MIX.
- Clever beats. Crisp solid bass. The keyboard was flawless. The lyrics were over written. The style of the beats were accomplished. Stylish lyrics. The artist had great imagination to me in my opinion. The load of the effects were sound provoking. The tunes in the vocals were pitchless. The range wasn't right.
- The start to this song has great temple and i love how his voice sounds. The lyrics are a great christin song that should be on the radio. This is the kind of music that should be on the radio for our kids to listen to and enjoy listening to it. so keep up the awesome songs and you will make it.
- Country isn't my style. Anywho, the intro is a little misleading. The lyrics make me uncomfortable, and as the previous song, this needs a better sound, quality yes, but more of dynamic-wise. I hear words, not music. The lyrics don't match, either because of the lack of passion, but there is something missing that I can't exactly justify.
- I'm sure this particular composition has the correct audible qualities but it should use a superior instrumental arrangement. The artist features a lovely, and also an attractive singing tone, however it is often swallowed up because of the over-bearing treble. The actual Synthesizer vibes are usually far too severe in addition to feeling jarring. Your artist should has to rule this particular track without needing to contend with the treble. The vocals appear very exciting, but it can't always be appreciated with ease as a result of very poor vocal-instrumental harmony. It truly is a seriously tuneful track, though, it can become effortlessly improved upon implementing a far more original beat.
- I love the radiant and classical style that the signer brings to his music. It makes me feel very confident to allow my friends to listen to it. The rhythm is composing a great tune . Vocal melody is fancy. Instruments are played by professionals. The song has radio and music video potential. I think the singer should be sing from his heart more.
- The song has a catchy melody. It is enjoyable to listen to on its own. Unfortunately the singing that goes a long with it isn't up to par. The auto tuning that does with it needs to be taken out because it is only hurting the song. If you remove the auto tuning and just let the singer sing with his normal voice I think the song would be much more enjoyable to listen to.
- The happy rythym of this song led by the driving beat of heavy drums, is accompanied by smooth lyrics. Led by a singer with a soothing powerful and articulate voice. He sings with an easiness of self that makes one feel relaxed. The drums, keyboard and vocals work together to create a great song.
- This sound like easy listening. I like this song, the rhythm is one for a sad song. The instruments are well played. The song is sung too low for this rhythm and the words could be a little more fluent. With the rhythm, I am expecting some high notes but everything is flat and this. The voice in the background sounds confusing and it is not blending in with the voice in the foreground. This sound get a 5.
- Great intro. It's a nice and soft guitar that ends on a high note before the singer beings to sing. It's more of a love song and It mixes well with the arrangement and the melody. I like how the drums make a nice beat and the guitar really stands out in this song. But the singer's voice goes well with this style of music. He has a real angelic voice. This is one for soft rock fans everywhere!
- I don't like this song because it is slow and i dont find it catchy. it is sort of country like and i dont perfer it. the beat is too slow me and i want something faster. the vocals of the the song are nice but i just dont like country music and i therefore will give this song a 3.
Below is an acoustic version of The Greatest Story Never Told by Douglas Haines
Reviews of Douglas Haines' version of The Greatest Story Never Told on the ReverbNation.com Crowd Review Service (overall song score: 6.3 out of 10):
- The composition of the acoustic guitar at the start of this song paved the way for what the listener was to expect from the rest of the song. I truly felt that this song would have been better sung as a duet between a man and a woman, not just a man as in the recording. This song did seem pretty boring and should have included additional bass guitar and a percussion performance.
- Nice guitar lead, followed with good vocals, and a sweet voice, and a beautiful message of love, light, and, darkness all atthe same time. Makes me feel warm and cold. Beautiful track and production. acoustics, and guitar skills. Heartbreak takes over the whole track. And influences moods. Love it very much!
- I hate this song. I don't like it at all. The singer can't sing for life. The mic sees disabled. The instruments are very awful. Melody is bad. Tempo is always the same. He just repeats himself again and again and again and again. I wish he would stop. I could listen to a girl who could song better. Drake is better I don't like this country and classics genre type songs. They are very lame and not worth listening to. It annoys me how awful their singing is and we just have to listen to it. The person should just stop making music.
- The intro of the song is standard and doesn't give any surprise to listeners. The singer has a hint of passion in his voice, but not enough to fully convey the emotions behind the lyrics. The lyrics themselves sound typical in their manner. The tempo is slow and makes the song seem drawn out. The sound quality of the song is professional.
- As it starts out sounds good and plus when his voice comes in sounds really comforting and a song i will listen to over and over. It is well tune not hearing anything out of place or off point. The music itself is very soothing an could be listened too over and over. The instruments are really inspiring i think. The lyrics enough said this is a really good song.
- The placidity of the acoustic transcendence of the backdrop really make this song and the vocalist seem enthusiastic about his expression through music. The engendered feelings of abrasiveness and bilks are necessary to expose, especially out of love and lust. This song pin points the main problems of life.
- A melodramatic love song with a good guitar and a nice beat. It sounds very nice and I'm sure it would be great live. The singer is smooth and endearing. I wouldn't purchase this song however but I would listen to it in the radio because the lyrics are so nice.
- I think this song has a Spanish guitar vibe to it. I can hear in the chords the different sound from another world. The singer has a calm tone . I don't really like the harmonies in particular but the way the voice matches the chords was done well. The lyrics of the song are pretty good also.
- The guitar riff in the intro is really nice. I really like the imagery used in the lyrics, and the vocals are good. I think its a very good acoustic song. I think its a little short, but it has a really nice feel to it throughout the song. I think that this song could fit with anything from country to indie, but it definitely has elements from both.
- This group is perfect. I love the slow tempo of this song. the vocals are amazing and are even better with the rhythm of this song I love it. this is the best song iv heard in a while. there are some issues with the audio but the song is great. this group is perfect and I loved there music so much.
- The intro accompaniment in this song is very catchy and interesting. The chords where a little simple the the vocals where classic and heart warming. The lyrics where deep and inspiring and powerful. It felt soft yet edgy, very balanced and enjoyable. The structure was very clean and easy to listen to without being boring or forgettable.
- The lyrics compare emotions and feeling to material things in life and plenty other comparaison that are really nice. That makes the lyrics to got a deep meaning. Talks about alot of things in life that is nice to hear through a song. Nice melody and instrumental, really great.
- Good texture of strumming, nice harmony in tone and vocals, the lyrics are touching, the construction of this piece is well done, the overal production works well and is on point, there is nothing you need to work on. Every aspect I have heard is right.
- The intro of this song was engaging. The vocals of the artists were off. He did not carry his tone out and did not transition to the notes well. The lyrics of this song did make up for some of the quality of the singers voice. Fantasy songs keep a vivid and open energy in a song. The guitar was not enough to enhance the tune of the melody.
- This song is very soothing. I liked the intro a lot. The guitar playing was very soothing and also easy to flow along to. This song has a good voice and has a lot of potential to it. Its a good song to relax to or sing along to.
- This is a great song and performance although the guitar sets the song as a sad and lonely vibe. Lyrics seem quite interesting, The chorus was too long and doesn't really develop or build up enough to justify such a song that is likable. When the artist is dancing with danger I was kind of you confused on what the song was about.
- This song seems like a beautiful song, and the lyrics seem meaningful. You can tell he's talking about someone special and dear to his heart. I think I may listen to this song more, and listen to the artist more. The guitar in the song is wonderfully played, and It's also giving me the inspiration to learn guitar to play for my family. This tune could possibly be played in a game called Life is Strange, and indie game.
- This song made me feel sentimental. I felt sadness and joy at the same time. It reminded me my father because he is now an angel in the heaven. The intro of the song transmitted me peace. It has a soft vocal melody that inspired me. It has an instrumental balance and a positive melody. I really enjoy the rhythm of this type of music.
- I liked the way that the singer was able to transition from the intro to the main section of the song. I also thought that the singer had a lovely voice, however, i do think that there could have been a bit more range variation, as well as variation with the sound. But overall, i enjoyed the song, and that that it had very interesting and well written lyrics.
- I really like this song because of the guitar at the beginning. It makes it seem like country music! Then, the singing is really slow which makes me slightly dislike the song because I'm into fast music. I wish it were much faster. Also, I don't like how the majority of the song is slow and the majority of the song is slow guitar playing and that doesn't make this song sound the best. I wish the lyrics were better because the lyrics that were given sound very sad.
- The slow tempo that is created from the use of the acoustic guitar is great for showing an emotive side to this song. I love how the song makes use of the live effect as it gives the whole song a personal feel. This is something that would make the listener carry on listening. I think that it was also a great move to make the guitar the only instrument as it provides both a base and melody. The echo on the singing develops the song further.
- This sounds like a laid back relaxing song very soothing very nice great voice. hope this guy makes it big he should be on the voice or something like that. sounds like hes coming from the heart with song very good man really hope you make it big out there wish you lots, and, lots and lots ,and lots and, lots and lots of luck man 8/10 great job. hope you put out more good songs. great vocals man nice folk kinda song.
Below is a different version of The Greatest Story Never Told, done by
The following are reviews of Dyingseed's version of The Greatest Story Never Told on the ReverbNation.com Crowd Review Service (overall song score: 5.8 out of 10):
- I love the guitar, however the voice isn't that great.... it is borderline whinny and can't really carry a tune. The lyrics themselves aren't terrible it's quite catchy. The melody is pretty as well as the harmony... The guitar just gets a little bit repetitive ... I do really like the lyrics.
- The song starts abruptly with no intro and moves instantly into the lyrics. The singer has a strong voice and an unusual style that's fairly unique and quite expressive, he gives the lyrics a lot of feeling and is well-pitched throughout. The music consists entirely of an acoustic guitar that has a well-developed off-beat rhythm with a subtle melody that is fairly simple but not greatly memorable. It's a pleasant sound but theres no real variety in the tune although its performed well. The quality of the production is very good and the recording is very clear and has a good balance in terms of volume. Its a reasonable enough tune although it didn't really move on and seemed to be over fairly quickly.
- The song started off with a man singing and playing a simple guitar. He sang about wine and other various things in a nasally type of singing voice. You could tell that this was meant to be a love song, but in my honest opinion, this wouldn't be a love song that I would want anyone to play for me. The singer killed the sweet melody that the guitar was making. He did make some very good metaphors, but he just continued to kill the song with that nasally voice. If he was wise, he would get some singing lessons then maybe have another go at creating and singing music.
- The vocal performance is pretty strong. They're getting all the notes well, and their voice seems to fit the aesthetic I'm getting from the guitar. I like the fact that the chord progression is changing every so often. It isn't generic and boring. It isn't predictable all of the time. Sometimes it is, but that is just for the sake of having the song repeat in some points, and not just be formless chords. I'm liking the fact that not all of the chords are stacked 3rds and 5ths, but maybe a seventh or a ninth? You know? Just a suggestion. Anyway, the lyrics are pretty boring. They're quite the same to every other sort of pop lyrics. Something about love and freedom and innocence and boring drivel that's been overdone to death. A little poeticness (I know that's not a word) might give the song something more interesting. Also, maybe it might have been nice to give the guitar the lead for a while, or something. It was a short song, and it had no backing, but it was dominated by the vocals the whole time. And if you're going to repeat the vocals the whole time, you might as well change them a little more than you did. It was just the same notational phrases each section's repeat, right? I wasn't paying 100% attention to that, and the song stopped already, so I don't remember. But these are just suggestions. The song was pretty good overall.
- The vocals here are very good and the male voice is excellent to listen to and has a good pitch and tone. The lyrics feel pretty generic and the use of only one instrument, feels like a disadvantage to the potential of the music that you wrote. Possibly by implementing another few instruments the song could be more creative. Finally the song has quite a boring intro, which might need to be improved.
- The song starts without an introduction, but the vocals are not strong. Better enunciation and clarity are needed. If a song is just to be guitar and voice, the vocals have to be really strong, which they are not. While the voice appears to be singing soulfully, it has sacrificed clarity. Singing with feeling and singing clearly are not mutually exclusive. This sounds like a demo version, and definitely needs some work. The vocal, at one point, sounded a little flat. This song has promise, and is in need of a good producer. As is, it is not commercially viable.
- It's hard to decide if I like the vocalist's voice. its strong and makes a statement but it's kind of annoying. Hard to get over the voice and enjoy the song. Good guitar playing and good lyrics. A little bit repetitive as the song goes along. With a different singer and the same lyrics, there's potential for this song to become a hit. The lyrics were meaningful, it's just hard to hear them when you're trying not to hear his voice.
- This song wasn't that easy for me to understand, i mean the voice wasn't that easy to make out. The lyrics from what i could make out were really good. This artist is very talented with his guitar. Great use of his strumming patterns. He did a great job on that. This song might be successful in its genre! It isn't that terrible at all! Pretty decent i would say.
- When the song starts the instruments are the first things that catch your attention. as they are very catchy and easy to listen to. the middle if the song is great as you can hear the melodies and lyrics ,which fit perfectly together. the artist has a weak voice which sometimes gets boring and a bit deppressing. i think this song isn't going to make the number one spot but could be a hit someday in the charts.
- The vocals voice is strong for country music and playing the guitar as an instrument in this song is a great choice.. The lyrics are meaningful, powerful and emotional with the vocals feelings too.. Also if the vocal added more instruments and made it longer with more meaningful lyrics could make the song a hit...
- This is little bit boring song because lack of commercial potential, and too bad balanced harmony. Acoustic guitar is nice and voice is complementing to other parts of melody and i think that this won't be worldwide hit but maybe it will be USA hit. Melody is simple and boring with. Harmony is nice, as I said. Also this will be a nice music hit for 2015 on radio stations through America.
- Country music, always peaceful and stress releasing, inspirational. I like how this sounds. You still need to watch your pitch. Sometimes you are a little too flat and sometimes a little too sharp. work on your tuning. You sound a little to airy. Try a little more your body. Nice lyrics but a little too "homemade". You know what I mean? Try a little more. 7 out of 10.
- This is a basic home sounding demo, the track was a bit wet with effects and you might fare better just with a dry mix, learn this early on, effects are not use so much and you build you dynamics from the overtones of your tracks blending, your song is o.k. but not anything that screams hit, i would rerecord with bass and drums to make it more exciting, your demo was o.k. and song and voice o.k. but not anything that is great, a common album cut to my ears but you are good.
- Song full of emotions. He makes me want to sing along. I think the artist showed his creative song and did a fantastic job. I like the guitar and the way he sings the song with life. I think he has the potential and energy to make it with a little help with his vocals but overall very well structured.
- The vocals were a bit shaky at the start of the song, i thought it was very dragging, and artist was lacking in passion, the song itself was quite dull, and isn't going to set the charts on fire or appeal to a wide enough audience to get much if any exposure. The instrumentals didn't really blend well with the artist's voice.
- The recording quality makes my ears hurt when I listen to it. I would definitely recommend this to family. This gets 2 thumbs down. There are clear influences from nature and the outdoors. It starts very slowly and ends with too much fadeout. Perhaps the singer could work on not being off key. The melody is very strong . I like the mixture of sounds you chose. The melody is great around 1:00.
- This song starts too quickly. It needs some kind of an intro, even if it's a few seconds. The recording is a little shoddy, and it could definitely use some more instruments. But besides all that, this song is pretty solid and has some good potential to be much more than it already is.
- The tempo changes frequently which make the song sound very choppy and doesn't smooth well at all. The singers voice is very nice but I don't this song fits him well. However, there are times when the pitch of his voice drops and doesn't sound right during the song. There doesn't seems to be a climax to the song or a transition that bring the song up it just seems to flow along in the choppy way it begins.
- Instrumental sound nice and light. The guitarist have talented fingers, each keystroke sound amazing. Lyrics were nice and clear. Vocals sound like he was speaking instead of singing. this choice of delivering had a nice touch. This was a nice song. I would promote this singer and be a fan. finally a radio friendly song.